I wish I were a ladybug.

Friday, June 13, 2008

hip hip.

HOORAY!  It's the weekend.  As sad it is that my hubbo will be leaving me for a guy-trip to the Adirondacks tomorrow morning, I am so excited for this weekend and the quality time I will get to spend with my family.  My little niece Addy has a big dance recital tomorrow (the first dance recital of my nieces that I've been able to attend!), tomorrow night Jena and I have a hot wine date and Sunday is my parent's annual block party AND Father's Day.  It's going to be such a fun and relaxing weekend.  I will miss Robbie terribly, of course, but I love having my family so close by and I know it will be harder to see them once we move.  This weekend will be spent making so many fun memories.  And let me mention all of the pool action I'll get!  I think I may possibly use my parent's pool more now than when I lived there.  I don't mind this heat wave at all if there is a pool to use at my leisure.  Bring it on!

So this is kind of random, but this is something I want to talk about...shopping cart returns at the grocery store.  Or really any store for that matter.  I strive to be one of those shoppers that always returns their carts, after they pack their car up, to the cart return in the parking lot.  Yesterday, after I finished unloading my Target purchases into my car and shut the door, I scouted the parking lot to try and find the nearest cart return.  It was seriously about five lanes over, and five lanes over separated by about three different mounds of pavement and grass.  What would you do in this situation?  Would you maneuver back to the main street in front of the store and walk five lanes over to the cart return?  Or would you simply put your cart in the empty parking space next to you where it so CONVENIENTLY fits?  Well, I just left it by my car.  And it consumed my mind all of yesterday and last night.  So today, I had to run to the store to pick up some pancake mix for the breakfast I want to make for Rob and his friends before they take off tomorrow (they leave around 7am - I'll let you know if the breakfast actually happens), and I made a POINT to ONLY park my car in a spot right next to the cart return.  It is my pact and promise to only park my car near the cart return from this day forward.  This way, I can do my part to be a loyal customer and patron by making sure my cart gets back to the appropriate spot.  I feel like this is such a brilliant idea, to make sure to park by the cart return at all times, that I just had to share this with all of you.  I know, I know...THIS is what consumes my mind?  Yep.

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend! Don't forget to take this awesome opportunity to enjoy and love on the daddies, uncles and grandfathers in your life.  Happy Father's Day!!


2 comments:

Jacci said...

thanks for the sweet comment about scarlett :)...and thanks for commenting period! i'm excited to have another blog to read!

ummm and ps...you're gorgeous! and your wedding looked like it was beautiful.

The Porters said...

Anna! Your blog is beautiful...I love it! The picture at the top is amazing and you look gorgeous...as always! Hope you and your husband are doing well and loving the new married life!