I wish I were a ladybug.

Monday, March 17, 2008

okay.

I realize it has been about three weeks since my last post.  I found a quick second to write up a little St. Patty's day shout-out, and after I submitted it, I realized what a cop out it was!  I feel bad and obligated to write a little more.  Why is it so difficult for me to write more often?  Well, I know the answer to that, but still.  Life will always be busy.  And even so, I want to make sure I take time to "chill out" and write.  In fact, this is a slow time for me!  I have two weeks without conferences and trips.  I need to embrace this time. Today is St. Patty's Day, and while I certainly wouldn't mind being at some hole-in-the-wall pub celebrating the green in me, I am very much content with my current state.  Robbie had a HUGE surgery today and was nervous all weekend anticipating it.  I wasn't expecting him home until late, but he called and is able to be home a lot earlier.  I just put together a chicken parmesan dish and am waiting to put it in the oven.  I wasn't planning on cooking tonight, but now I'm excited I get to.  I'm excited to greet him with a glass of wine and have him sit down for dinner and tell me all about his day.  As a little girl, I dreamt about nights like this.  Maybe that's strange, but I always watched my mom and dad with awe.  I love being a wife, and more importantly, I love being Robbie's wife.  Of course there are the things I didn't dream of when I was little, like cleaning the bathroom sink after my husband shaves (ew).  But at the end of every day, I know life is too short to not appreciate everything on our plate.  God has given me a huge helping of blessings, and I truly intend to devour and enjoy every bit of it.  I know this is much easier said than done.  But I have to look around.  Two years ago today, I was sitting in a bar at State College drinking green beer, shaking a shamrock rattle and laughing 'til my stomach felt it could burst.  And all of this with the bestest of friends.  Time flies!  And those same people are still in my life and are still the bestest of friends.  What an awesome thing to have.  God blessed me then and He is blessing me now.  I can't wait to see what I am doing this time next year!

Lots of blessings and best 'o luck to all of you, today and always!  Happy Green!

No comments: