I wish I were a ladybug.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

a realization.

Christmas was amazing. In fact, absolutely everything about this past week was amazing. There is always so much going on, that I often forget to look at the “small” things. I know I have an abundantly full life that God has given me, but how often do I actually stop and observe the tiny details? It’s as though I ran through a check-list and then had permission to be instantly content. Relationship with Christ? Check. God loving husband? Check. And so forth! My purpose for starting this blog was to keep in touch with our friends and family, and update everyone on happenings within the new Thomas family. The internet has created endless possibilities of communication throughout our world. While thinking of Rob and mine's network and our comfortable place within it, I start to wonder why anyone would want to read a blog about us. We are only two people in God's great story. If I have a page to fill and readers to entertain, I want the words to be more than the daily outings of Robbie and Anna. It is enough for me that I am content with my husband, family and Creator, but what does it do typing about it to other people? I actually feel very small right now realizing this. I know God calls us to pray for His children, those lost and those saved, and that we are called to do His will. But maybe, His will is to provide a means to reach other people even through a tiny blog. I'm not sure what this looks like, or how I will go about it, but I intend to give it a try. If I can see God's glory right before my eyes, I want others to see it too.

Day 1 of 'blogspot with a new purpose'...

I stumbled across a blog written by a young man and woman struggling through the process of adopting a baby girl from Guatemala. Even though she is not yet legally theirs, God has already assigned baby Eliana to their hearts. Chris and Lindsey Wheeler tell their story on their blogspot at http://thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com/. They have a powerful story of passion, faith and complete reliance on God. Please read it!! And check out Ellie Dubb (www.elliedubb.com), their mission tailored clothing company created to raise funds for their adoption process. Their faith emulates God's greatness and gives me a glimpse of God's glory. I hope you will see it too.

No comments: